Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Heart, An Introduction.


Hello. My name is Alysha. 
Before we take this any further, let's get to know each other.
I like vintage materials, patterns, lace, squares of fabric in musty thrift shop corners begging to be collected.
I like leather satchel bags with buckles and monograms, gold clasps and delicate lining.
I like the way tulle folds and gathers to create dips, structure and the nostalgic feeling of wearing a childhood party dress.
I like strands of pearls, beads, layers and strings of color draped around necklines.
I like the morning when my new Vogue comes out, the crisp pages are ready to be poured over, again and again, with only cups of tea to accompany me.
I like my favorite perfume, the scent is comforting to me like a warn in, weekend sweater.
I like fabric buttons, pearl buttons, buttons from old tins, one in a collection of thousands.
I  like dredging through my mother's walk-in wardrobe, reaching into the furthest corners and occasionally recovering the perfect piece.
I like tailored jackets that nip in at the waist, with golden buttons and sharply pressed collars.
I like the perfect grey marl tee, which fits just right, like a cosy hug from another.
I like stockings with lace, stockings with patterns, stockings with tears and ladders from wear.
I like knee high socks, anoraks in the rain, with neatly buckled shoes and gloves that safely enclose my fingers.
I like ribbons and ruffles, bows and braids, trimming and ties, tiny details that go unnoticed.
I like floral prints, the promise of tea parties ahead, a tray of home made biscuits and the perfect picnic basket.
I like unnecessary millinery, hats that hide the sun, scarves for necks and boys in hand made beanies. 
I like silk and satin, delicate gloves that reach elbows with rings on top of fabric fingers.
I like peaches and oranges, creams and corals, colors that warm my winter toes.
I like songs that remind me of whimsical party dresses, red lipstick and trailing gowns.
I like hand-me-downs that pick me up.
I like to share these things with you.

Perhaps one day we'll swap ideas over a pot of tea, share vintage clutches from each other's wardrobes and swoon over the same Chanel gown.
But until then, I'd like to share my few treasures, my whims, my new loves- with you.
Speak soon,
x


Photography by Andrew Coles http://blog.adnrew.com/

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! We have much in common. I'm a fan of lace, pearls, floral prints, minidresses, towering platforms, leggings, bows, and everything unexpectedly refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, then you are among friends here ^^
    I plan to write about the things I love in fashion, and leave out the things I don't quite love. I'm sure for every thing I dislike there are a million people who will like it. So this will be a place for all things hearted <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Blog!

    I've become a follower. Would love for your to visit and follow my blog.

    xx
    DD
    http://darlingdeedee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete